Move over, pipsqueak.
The stock intercooler has an inferiority complex. No wonder it's smaller than Techni-Cooler in every aspect: boost tubes. core area, inlet/outlet, even the end tanks. Most competitors use poorly designed sheet metal end tanks and provide inadequate flow volume.
Banks cranks up the volume.
Banks improves airflow into and out of the intercooler with big mandrel-bent 3 inch boost tubes. Large, rugged, high-efficiency cast end tanks that won't' rupture under high-boost conditions. A huge inlet and outlet. And a 25% larger core area with a whopping 34% improvement in volume
The king of cool.
Removing restrictions and improving airflow lowers boost air temps. This increases the density and oxygen content of air entering the engine, which amplifies power, lowers exhaust gas temps (EGTs) and improves fuel economy. When EGTs are tamed, the tuner doesn't need to limit fuel delivery. So you get higher continuous, useable power and more power at any EGT. Very cool!
Everything about Banks Intercooler is bigger, it doesn't get any cooler than Banks Intercooler.
- Optimizes air pressure and distribution going into the intake manifold
- High-efficiency custom-machined durable cast end tanks
- Raises boost without increasing turbine drive pressure
- Cooler EGTs, more MPG & constant-duty power
- Improves flow of oxygen-rich air into cylinders
- High-efficiency custom-machined end tanks
- 25% thicker core with 34% more volume
- Improves Power, Durability & Fuel Economy
- Packs cool, dense air into the cylinders
- Accommodates stock mounting points
- Lower restriction for superior flow
- 3 inch mandrel-bent boost tubes
- 2-year Warranty
Emissions Compliant: D-161-90