Less restriction. Flows great.
The stock intercooler is riddled with restrictions that cause turbulence, which kills airflow and power. Banks minimizes restrictions by making the flow area bigger throughout, from the 3 inch mandrel-bent boost tubes to the 25% thicker core, which has a whopping 34% increase in flow volume.
Airflow cranks in Banks’ end tanks!
Most competitors have poorly designed sheet metal end tanks with square corners that choke airflow. Techni-Cooler’s large, high-efficiency custom-machined end tanks have two advantages.
One: The streamlined design and rounded corners improve airflow.
Two: Banks’ cast end tanks will never melt or burst under high-boost conditions.
The king of cool.
Removing restrictions and improving airflow lowers boost air temps. This increases the density and oxygen content of air entering the engine, which amplifies power, lowers exhaust gas temps (EGTs) and improves fuel economy. And when EGTs are tamed, the tuner doesn’t need to limit fuel delivery. So you get higher continuous, useable power and more safe power at any EGT. Very cool!
- Optimizes air pressure and distribution going into the intake manifold
- High-efficiency custom-machined durable cast end tanks
- Raises boost without increasing turbine drive pressure
- Cooler EGTs, more MPG & constant-duty power
- Improves flow of oxygen-rich air into cylinders
- High-efficiency custom-machined end tanks
- 25% thicker core with 34% more volumte
- Improves Power, Durability & Fuel Economy
- Packs cool, dense air into the cylinders
- Accommodates stock mounting points
- Lower restriction for superior flow
- 3 inch mandrel-bent boost tubes
- 2-year Warranty
Emissions Compliant: D-161-90